A Complete Mess Of A LawPosted: March 28, 2012
As the United States Supreme Court wind down three days of hearings on the healthcare law of President Barack Hussein Obama or “Obamacare“ I am left to reflect that this whole law was, is, and will always be a complete and total MESS of a law that SHOULD NOT HAD EVER SEEN THE LIGHT OF DAY.
Frankly, I would not be all that surprised if the Supreme Court justices are thinking in the same way too. After arguments both pro and con for this law are all set and done, do not be suprised if the justices are going send their clerks for aspirin just simply to treat their headaches after this hearing gets wrap up today.
“The Supreme Court on Wednesday considered whether the rest of President Obama’s health care law can stand on its own if the justices were to strike down the individual mandate for Americans to purchase insurance, as the justices held their third and final day of oral arguments in the landmark case.
Opponents of the law want the court to overturn it in its entirety, and said there is no way to make the other parts work if the mandate is cut — and they seemed to have a champion in Justice Antonin Scalia, who said the court would be putting itself in the shoes of lawmakers if it tried to decide which parts to leave in and which parts to eliminate.
“Once you cut the guts out of it, who knows which parts were desired and which ones weren’t?” Justice Scalia said.
But other justices seemed more inclined to allow the individual mandate to be severed without killing the rest of the law.
“The question is, is half a loaf better than no loaf?” Justice Elena Kagan said.”
The only one question I have in all of this is, why Justice Elena Kagan even taking part in this hearing, since she was a big factor in being for this law?
Best wishes to the Supremes over the next few months, THEY WILL NEED IT.
With MANY THANKS To Both Paige Winfield Cunningham And The Washington Times. Read More Here:“Supreme Court Considers How To Tinker With Health Care Law”
- Scolded (annem040359.wordpress.com)
- Did the Solicitor General Lie to the Supreme Court? (markamerica.com)
- Day 2: Supreme Court Will Likely Strike Down Obamacare, 5-4 (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Justices Seem Skeptical of Individual Mandate in Supreme Court Health Care Arguments (legaltimes.typepad.com)
- Obamacare’s Supreme Court Disaster (treeofmamre.wordpress.com)
- Supreme Court places individual mandate in ‘significant trouble’ (dailykos.com)
- Will Scalia Rule in Favor of Obamacare? (thedailybeast.com)
- Obamacare’s Individual Mandate Had Its Day In Court (theinsurancebarn.wordpress.com)
- Is the Supreme Court Skeptical of ObamaCare’s Insurance Mandate? (reason.com)
- Editorial: The Supreme Court’s Momentous Test (nytimes.com)
- Supreme Court Starts Hearing Arguments in the “Obamacare” Case (ken_ashford.typepad.com)
- Is Obamacare heading for a ‘train wreck’ at U.S. Supreme Court? (theglobeandmail.com)
- Obamacare At The United States Supreme Court (annem040359.wordpress.com)
- Looks Like Obamacare Is In TROUBLE (annem040359.wordpress.com)
- Obama Campaign changes the focus on “Obamacare” – It’s a POSITIVE label (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Very Bad Day for Obama Mandate in Supreme Court – Obamacare – Fox Nation (mikeisasking.wordpress.com)
- On third day of ‘Obamacare’ arguments, Supreme Court to hear from states (theglobeandmail.com)
- Supreme Court weighs all-or-nothing on healthcare law – Reuters (drugstoresource.wordpress.com)
- ASSOCIATED PRESS: ObamaCare Has Disastrous Day In Court. “The fate of President Barack Obama’s h… (pjmedia.com)
- What Obama Can Learn From the Supreme Court Health Care Challenge (usnews.com)
- Analysis: Health ruling looms small in Obama race (hosted.ap.org)