Do The Right Thing Todd Akin, PLEASE Step DownPosted: August 20, 2012
On Sunday, United States of America House of Representatives, Todd Akin, (R/MO), while during an interview via KTVI in St. Louis, MO, said some words that NOT ONLY GOT ME SHOCKED AND ANGRY, but also shocked and upset a number of GOP/Republican candidates running for public office, both women and men on the issue of “rape“.
The offensive part of the interview came in these words:
“It seems to me first of all, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare,” Mr. Akin said. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”
Rep. Akin, what you have said, as a woman, and though I am pro-life, anti-abortion, as a woman, I am very, very offended by your view that there is such a thing such as “a legitimate rape”. Rape is rape, be it rape by a stranger or by a date. It is never ever legitimate. Even though you have said you are sorry, as a Christian I do forgive, but at the same time, for the good of not only the GOP/Republican party nationwide, but I do add-on, for the good of the GOP/Republican party in MO, BUT MOST IMPORTANT, FOR THE GOOD OF BOTH THE PEOPLE OF BOTH MISSOURI AND THE UNITED STATES, PLEASE REP. AKIN, STEP DOWN.
Stepping down would also send a message that a major crime such as rape is not a trivial matter, no ifs, ands or buts.
- Tell Todd Akin: Rape is rape by Diane DeGette for Congress (socialactions.net)
- Todd Akin: Sorry fools I’m not going anywhere (bazaardaily.com)
- Todd Akin (kerrtoons.wordpress.com)
- Rep. Todd Akin: bodies of “legitimate” rape victims can prevent pregnancy (boingboing.net)
- Rep. Todd Akin (R-Ignoramus). (theconservativehillbilly.wordpress.com)
- Rep. Todd Akin : ‘Legitimate Rape’ Victims Rarely Get Pregnant (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- US in uproar over Congressman Todd Akin’s “legitimate rape” comments (bikyamasr.com)
- Todd Akin on Rape and Abortion Video from The Jaco Report [VIDEO] (bostinno.com)
- Todd Akin Provokes Ire With ‘Legitimate Rape’ Comment – NYTimes.com (progressiveword.com)
- “Biologically Challenged”: How Todd Akin And Paul Ryan Partnered To Redefine Rape (mykeystrokes.com)