On this post snow storm weather and very bitter cold 41st anniversary of the United States of America Supreme Court “Roe vs. Wade” abortion decision allowing for legal abortion. This is also the same day that the yearly “March for Life” pro-life march that also takes place in Washington D.C. United States of America. Many Americans, braving the cold and snow come in busloads to peacefully protest a major court decision that has resulted in the deaths of up to now 55 million pre-born babies.
What upsets me, but does not surprise me is how United States of America President Barak Hussein Obama has said in this brief but full statement on the 41st anniversary of the Supreme Court Roe vs. Wade decision from The Weekly Standard blog article by Daniel Halper:
“Today, as we reflect on the 41st anniversary of the Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade, we recommit ourselves to the decision’s guiding principle: that every woman should be able to make her own choices about her body and her health. We reaffirm our steadfast commitment to protecting a woman’s access to safe, affordable health care and her constitutional right to privacy, including the right to reproductive freedom. And we resolve to reduce the number of unintended pregnancies, support maternal and child health, and continue to build safe and healthy communities for all our children. Because this is a country where everyone deserves the same freedom and opportunities to fulfill their dreams.”
What it all comes down is this, this is “political correct” to mean that being “punished” with a baby, pure and simple, PERIOD. Mr. Obama, just simply say that instead and not use smoke and mirrors to cover up the TRUTH about what abortion is, which is simply to punish the pre-born baby with DEATH.
Real freedom and opportunity was to be found today in the pro-life march in Washington D.C. today by Americans marching in order to REALIZE the REAL DREAM to humans to the “right to life” from the beginnings in the womb to natural death.
Also abortion is simply a silent war against not only the pre-born, but a silent war against women and the family.
Add to the standard pro-life anti-abortion protest, Obamacare now is a major factor among those who took part today in the March for Life 2014 gathering and most likely will be in the years to come.
With MANY THANKS To The Weekly Standard And Daniel Halper. Read More Here:To Mark Abortion Decision, Obama Touts “Freedom and Opportunities to Fulfill Their Dreams”
With MANY THANKS To Both EWTN And YouTube. Watch Video Here:
During the course of this week, Americans, and for that matter, the rest of the world witnessed people who live in a very old country, Egypt, stand up and say by protesting in HUGH protest rallies; ENOUGH. Enough of the heavy-handed ruled by both Muhammad Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood. So much ENOUGH that they made their demands known via the massive street protests and the Egyptian military stepping in removing from power President Morsi.
Will things bode better for Egypt remains to be seen. It would not surprise me if this does happen over and over again in Egypt.
On this July 4, 2013, is for the United States of America a “crossroads time”, a time that this country is going to have to make decisions that will affect its future. The economy, taxes, Obamacare, a federal government out-of-control, the borders, etc., weigh the USA down. On this 237th birthday of the United States of America, Americans, and that includes myself are challenged to “take this country back”. Take it back by living in FULL the ideas of both the Declaration and the United States Constitution. Also living in FULL the positive values that made the USA a GREAT and GOOD nation.
Today is Independence Day, United States of America. Time to take America back Americans! HAPPY 237th BIRTHDAY and God Bless!
“The Declaration of Independence: A Transcription
IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.–Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.
He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.
He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.
He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.
He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.
He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.
He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance.
He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.
He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.
He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:
For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:
For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:
For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:
For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:
For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences
For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies:
For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:
For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.
He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.
He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.
He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.
He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.
He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.
In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.
Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our British brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.
We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
The 56 signatures on the Declaration appear in the positions indicated:
Thomas Heyward, Jr.
Thomas Lynch, Jr.
Charles Carroll of Carrollton
Richard Henry Lee
Thomas Nelson, Jr.
Francis Lightfoot Lee
Robert Treat Paine
With MANY THANKS To The National Archives. Read More Here:Declaration Of Independence Transcription
- The Declaration, and today! (kms2point0.wordpress.com)
- Happy Fourth of July 2013 (piedtype.com)
- The Declaration of Independence Text: Read It Here July 4th (thebrennerbrief.com)
- The Declaration Of Independence (businessinsider.com)
- Morning Bell: The Words That Started It All (heritage.org)
- Declaration of Independence 1776 and 2012 (logancogop.com)
- For The Fourth, Read The Document That Started It All (personalliberty.com)
- Independence Day 2013 (thepatriotperspective.wordpress.com)
- Thursday Special – Independence Day 2013 (mickholt.com)
- THIS FOURTH OF JULY TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE/ cnbnews (gloucestercitynews.net)
Today, a little over one month after the horrible shooting incident in Newtown, Connecticut, United States of America, at the Sandy Hook Elementary School which left twenty-six dead, United States of America President Barack Hussein Obama today unveils up to twenty-three executive actions in regards to “gun control measures”.
Yes, I said gun control measures because for all of the federal government’s efforts, sadly, gun violence will still go on regardless. What is really is going on is an effort to destroy the United States of America’s Constitution, one amendment at a time.
What is even WORSE is that President Obama decides to USE in order to destroy the United States Constitution’s 2nd Amendment by having as SHIELDS, children. Everyday school children. Children who are made into human shields to hold as hostage the very same United States Constitution whom these very same child OUGHT to be learning about.
Even the Drudgereport website was truly spot on with its cover picture and theme words:
“Let’s Play Take The Guns”.
While those words sound funny, this who gun control issue is NOT FUNNY. What is going on here is a DICTATORSHIP in the making with this set of twenty-three executive actions.
Here is the list of the twenty-three EO actions:
“1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rule making to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sibelius and Duncan on mental health.”
These above EO actions is in other words, an effort by a very dark and dangerous radical liberalism that simply knows no bounds in violating both the God-given and Constitution given liberties of law-obeying Americans across the United States of America.
What is worse about all this is how President Obama USES school age children as “shields” to not only declare a “silent war” against all law-obeying Americans who DO HAVE GUNS, but also everyone who has taken to task President Obama the past four years, which included conservative talk-radio show hosts, tea party movement supporters, the many pro-2nd Amendment organizations, starting with the NRA, and of course, the Republican political party. This is disgusting beyond words and simply shows more of the true colors of President Obama as each day passes.
The sad reality is that NON of the above EO actions would HAVE PREVENTED a Newtown Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, NONE at all, PERIOD. Rather what had taken place on December 14, 2012 was simply an unspeakable, horrible, EVIL ACT that no amount of GUN CONTROL would have prevented.
The only comfort I can say from all of this is that, I did not hear the speech given by President Obama. I would have screamed to STOP USING the Newtown massacre for your political agenda.
Using children as SHIELDS is NOT CHILD’S PLAY.
With MANY THANKS To Fox News Insider. Read More Here:Full List Of 23 Gun Violence Reduction Executive Actions
Drudgereport Website: Drudgereport Website
- Obama uses children as props, signs 23 executive orders on guns (examiner.com)
- The President’s mighty 23 (jbsanctuary.wordpress.com)
- READ: Obama’s plan to reduce gun violence (washingtonpost.com)
- The List: President Obama’s 23 Gun-Control Measures (pjmedia.com)
- Heres Whats in Obama’s 23 Executive Actions on Guns (gunmartblog.com)
- Obama Announces Slate of 23 Executive Actions on Guns (freebeacon.com)
- President Obama unveils 23-point gun-control plan (tv.msnbc.com)
- Obama Presents Gun Control Agenda; Includes 23 Executive Orders (VIDEO) (guns.com)
- President Obama Signs 23 Executive Actions On Guns (stlouis.cbslocal.com)
- READ: Full List of 23 Executive Actions in Gun Violence Reduction Measures (foxnewsinsider.com)
With MANY THANKS To Both CBSNewsOnline And YouTube. Watch Video Here:
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012, I had in one day’s time received two very bad news messages, first, after I had gone to the local voting place to vote and having come home, received a telephone call telling me that my only and older brother, Ronald E. Volowski, aged 64, was found dead in his bed, having died in his sleep despite efforts to saved him via emergency medical first responders efforts.
What happened on that day, was BOTH the death not only of a very dear brother, but also the death of a major super power. I could not believe both my ears and eyes when it was announced that President Obama won re-election. It looks more like a combination of not only the promise of “freebies,” with “changing demographics,” but also it is possible that there was massive “voter fraud“ as well. Frankly, it would not surprise me if it is ALL OF THE ABOVE that lead to the re-election of President Obama.
What I am seeing is a nation that is dying before my very eyes.
What I have gone through these last few months, dealing with my own health issues, an aging mother, and the death first of the man I have loved for 21 years, David Anthony Muszynski on September 10, 2012, and now my older brother Ronald Edward Volowski, on November 6, 2012, having died in his sleep, I am now dealing with two personal heart breaks.
Add to that, I am now losing the nation I love, the United States of America.
The one lesson I have learned now is that I am going to focus more on both my spirituality and Christian/Roman Catholic faith. I am NOW DONE with political parties, and will focus more on not only the above, but on current events and other articles in regards to this blog and my daily life.
The larger focus will be on my pilgrimage to my real home, which is HEAVEN.
Ronald, with LOVE, I will miss you. RIP Ronald.
United States of America, it was GOOD while it lasted. RIP United States of America.
- 30 States Petition Federal Government to Secede After Election (irenealia.wordpress.com)
- Welcome To The New United Socialist Paradise States Of America (buzzfeed.com)
- Oh Chris (Chris Mathews) This One Is For You! (Chris Mathews Meltdown After First Presidential Debate) (annem040359.wordpress.com)
- America, Take Your Country Back TODAY (annem040359.wordpress.com)
- 20 states demand secession from US (nation.com.pk)
- Divided States Of America: 20 States Petition To Secede After Re-Election Of President Obama (oldschool945.com)
- 1776-2012: Barack Obama Re-elected President Of The United States Of America (midnightwatcher.wordpress.com)
- Some Missouri residents file secession petitions to White House (kansascity.com)
Today, November 6, 2012, is Election Day 2012. This year, we have not only the United States Presidential elections, but also the United States of America House of Representatives and Senate elections, as well as any state governors, plus state elected offices as well. This day, which many people around the world, yearning to come to this country and to do what we Americans take for granted, MUST NEVER EVER BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED by us Americans.
Today also is a day that we Americans who are VERY CONCERNED about the course of the direction this nation is on, can make OUR VOICES HEARD by VOTING OUT President Barack Hussein Obama and VOTING IN Governor Mitt Romney. The future of the United States of America,and generation’s of Americans both born who are young with those who have not even been born, DEPENDS ON IT.
We have an OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE HISTORY and to TAKE THIS COUNTRY BACK.
Today “we the American people” can take our country back. VOTE.
- Was President Barack Hussein Obama Speaking And Acting Desperate? (annem040359.wordpress.com)
- The US presidential elections (antiguaobserver.com)
- Tweets from trending hashtag “Blacks4Romney” [OPINION] (americanlivewire.com)
- Oh Chris (Chris Mathews) This One Is For You! (Chris Mathews Meltdown After First Presidential Debate) (annem040359.wordpress.com)
- Investing the Executive Power of the United States of America (frted.wordpress.com)
- President Barack Hussein Obama….For ALL. (theobamacrat.com)
- US heads to polls in tight race (bbc.co.uk)
- Vote (iknead2knit.wordpress.com)
- My election day prediction (mattdantodd.com)
This has been the talk of the Twitter feeds:
If Romney wins I’m Starting a Riot….Who’s WIT ME???
Is this what Obama meant when he called for a “more civil” tone in U.S. politics?
This does not come to me with any surprised. It is a certain sign that President Obama has got a very high likelihood that he will lose the 2012 USA Presidential election to Governor Mitt Romney. Governor Romney has been gaining ground the since the end of the first Presidential debate. He is showing to more voters that he can and will lead, which includes working to get the USA back on track. Also will bring back a sense of “adult leadership” to the White House, which is so very much-needed.
PREDICTION? My prediction is that Governor Romney will win, but there will not be any riots whatsoever.
With MANY THANKS To Twitchey.com. Read More HERE:“New Civility: Obama Supporters Threaten To Riot If Romney Wins; Update: Deleted Tweets”
- Obama’s Thug Supporters Threaten to Riot When He Loses (sfcmac.wordpress.com)
- New civility: Obama supporters threaten to riot if Romney wins (twitchy.com)
- New Threats to Riot if Obama Loses Election (pakalertpress.com)
- Will The Election Results Cause Massive Riots To Erupt All Over America? (truthfrequencyradio.com)
- The Left threaten to riot and assassinate Romney (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Is Post-Election Riot Threat Real? (personalliberty.com)
- 50 Crazy Things That Obama Supporters Are Threatening To Do If Romney Wins (endoftheamericandream.com)
- New Threats to Riot if Obama Loses Election (givemeliberty01.com)
- Could this be the OCTOBER SURPRISE in November? (hwnsurf.me)
- Was President Barack Hussein Obama Speaking And Acting Desperate? (annem040359.wordpress.com)
Last night’s debate between President Barack Hussein Obama and Governor Mitt Romney, (D/IL/USA and R/MA) showed two different styles of leadership. One that presented a very clear, direct, no-nonsense, and clear form of leadership. The other one, showing more of a desperate effort in both words and actions to hide from his record of four years of failure.
The debate was more of a boxing match then a Presidential debate. President Obama, through efforts to deny and lie, and with the help of Candy Crowley who also went out of her way to give President Obama more time, 44:04 minutes than Governor Romney, and in a way DID NOT DO THE JOB she was supposed to do, moderate in a fair and balanced manner last night’s debate. This was WRONG and helped to EXPOSED the majority of the “old msm” for what they are the cheerleading section for President Obama.
Governor Romney, despite what was thrown in his way, WON the debate by his presenting in much detail what his positions are on the important issues. Also Governor Romney showed himself to be a take charge, fully articulate, very much capable, and compassionate leader who not only loves the United States of America but also list a number of good ideas.
President Obama came off from the debate as not only “speaking” and “acting” desperate, but showed very much he was much more interested in trying to push Governor Romney into an argument in order for President Obama would try to make Governor Romney look bad. Governor Romney would have none of that. Instead he stayed focussed on the issues, even not falling for the famous President Obama’s “war on women” accusation.
By staying focussed on the issues and not being drawn into going into personal attacks, Governor Romney not only won last night’s debate but also won more people to support him. On the other hand, those who supported President Obama and I would not be all that surprised, must have gone into “panic mode” figuring it out that their guy has blown for them, “a golden opportunity” to close the deal for them.
Could last night’s debate most likely have sealed the deal for Governor Romney?
According to an article by Dick Morris, it makes it more clear by his list that Governor Romney listed issues that are the most important:
“1. Romney made very clear the case against Obama’s economic record and Obama’s rebuttal about 5 million jobs was pathetic.
2. Romney injected the China issue, big time, and tapped into a strong public sentiment on the issue.
3. Romney made the effective case that Obama is anti-oil, coal, and gas and that this has doubled gas prices.
5. Romney rebutted the attacks on him over Chinese investments.
6. Romney explained his tax plan well and to everyone’s satisfaction.
7. Obama erred in trying to make us believe that he always felt Libya was a terror attack. We all heard him blame the movie.”
Mr. Morris shows that by Governor Romney in answering the questions presented to him by the town hall like meeting set-up, he showed what issues he is willing to go to work on that viewers and listeners had the chance to get a sample of where he stands on the issues.
President Obama in turn brought up in detail issues such as the question of the 47% percent, illegal immigration, and a very heated response to Governor Romney’s accusation of President Obama going to Las Vegas to campaign while an American ambassador and three others were murdered in Libya.
President Obama was trying to defend a failed record in an effort to get reelected.
In the end it was Governor Romney who was to win the debate last night. This can only help the growing momentum that is going his way on the road to the November 6, 2012 general elections.
With MANY THANKS To Both Fox News And Dick Morris. Read More Here:“Romney Won The Second Debate”
- Oh Chris (Chris Mathews) This One Is For You! (Chris Mathews Meltdown After First Presidential Debate) (annem040359.wordpress.com)
- Secret Campaign Promises President Barack Hussein Obama is Keeping From You (poetryman69.typepad.com)
- Hillary Clinton Taking One For The Team Does Not Exonerate Barack Hussein Obama (pumabydesign001.com)
- Obama Insists ‘Fundamentals’ of Election Favor Him Despite ‘Bad Night’ at Debate (abcnews.go.com)
- 2nd Presidential Debate: Romney VS Obama In HEMPSTEAD, N.Y 10/16/12 Full Debate (theobamacrat.com)
- Just Breaking On Drudgereport: Obama In 1998: “I Actually Believe In Redistribution” (annem040359.wordpress.com)
- Say Hello to World War III, Obama Just Signed another Executive Order (pakalertpress.com)
- Obama Support Faltering Before Second Debate (abcnews.go.com)
- The Comeback of ‘President Teleprompter’ (canadafreepress.com)
- “The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer” – Barack Hussein Obama (gds44.wordpress.com)
Last Night I Thought That I Saw Vice President Joe Biden Crack Up In The VP Debate, Rep. Paul Ryan, Calm And MeassuredPosted: October 12, 2012
Last night during the United States of America lone Vice President debate, it was a very live wire performance.
It was simply the difference between a calm, measured, adult, Rep. Paul Ryan in his responses and a Vice President Joe Biden who was if not acting like a “clown”, he was sure acting like a “drama king.” Overall, it looked like VP Biden was simply was “cracking up” under the pressure to perform as Vice President.
Looks like Rep. Paul Ryan was not only speaking to the GOP/Republican base, but to the rest of the country as a whole and in a special way, to those who call themselves “independents” and “moderates.” He went into detail with the math on what needs to get done in order to get the USA back on track. VP Biden goes into caustic lectures, and he sure sounded like he was a know-it-all. I could not believe he would be laughing half the time. Is VP Biden laughing at a country in serious decline?
Once again the United States sees a spokesperson who has help aid in its “decline”, VP Joe Biden. Also it has seen a voice of a “profile in courage” in Rep. Paul Ryan. Overall, Rep. Paul Ryan came out the winner in this one VP debate.
- VP Debate: Biden, Ryan at each other in a moment (sacbee.com)
- Joe Biden Laughing PHOTOS: The Best Of The Vice President’s Faces, Reactions In VP Debate (huffingtonpost.com)
- Biden, Ryan Clash at Fiery VP Debate (dailyfinance.com)
- Watch: Biden Laughs at Ryan’s ‘Malarkey’ on Foreign Policy (abcnews.go.com)
- VP debate: The many expressions of Joe Biden (cnn.com)
- VP debate: Biden and Ryan have come out swinging (itv.com)
- Watch: Paul Ryan Preps for Joe Biden’s ‘Irish Uncle’ Moment in VP Debate (abcnews.go.com)
- America Speaks: VP Joe Biden is “Good,” an “Idiot” (reason.com)
- Video: Biden on Obama’s relationship with Israel: “It’s a bunch of stuff” (cbsnews.com)
- Watch: Jobs Numbers Boost: How Was It Possible? (abcnews.go.com)
The hourlong debate, the second of four, is sponsored by the Hartford Courant and Fox-CT. It will be broadcast live on FOX-CT beginning at 7 p.m. The campaign, one of the most closely watched senate races in the country, has been dominated by negative ads and near-daily accusations traded between the candidates.
McMahon must project a strong understanding of public policy matters, said William Salka, a professor of political science at Eastern Connecticut State University. “She has to show she’s comfortable talking about the issues,” he said.”
With MANY THANKS To Both Hartford Courant And Daniela Altimari. Read More Here:“Senate Candidates To Meet In Debate At UConn”
- … a Takedown for Linda McMahon … (lakeerieconservative.wordpress.com)
- Hackett on Politics: Voters deserve to hear from every candidate (norwichbulletin.com)
- Linda McMahon Campaign Leaks HuffPost Reporter’s Emails To Bolster It’s Ethical Bona Fides (huffingtonpost.com)
- Former WWE Prez Linda McMahon Piledrives DOMA In CT Senate Debate (queerty.com)
- Chris Murphy, Linda McMahon Face Off In Testy Connecticut Senate Debate (huffingtonpost.com)
- Winner in Senate race will have little political clout|Murphy, McMahon will have to build seniority to gain pull (rep-am.com)
- Linda McMahon Loses Conservative Endorsement Over DOMA Stance (ontopmag.com)
- State Dems mark 3rd anniversary of Linda’s campaign for U.S. Senate (ctnews.com)
- Linda McMahon Files Ethics Complaint vs. Chris Murphy (klqwrestling.com)
- Connecticut Senate Candidate Linda McMahon Affirms Support For Non-Existent Federal Marriage Equality (thinkprogress.org)
“At Last Night’s Debate, Obama Had Trouble With The Facts
THE CLAIM: Obama: “I’ve Proposed A Specific $4 Trillion Deficit Reduction Plan.”OBAMA: “I’ve proposed a specific $4 trillion deficit reduction plan. … The way we do it is $2.50 for every cut, we ask for $1 in additional revenue.” (President Barack Obama, Presidential Debate, Denver, CO, 10/3/12)
THE FACTS: “Virtually No Serious Budget Analyst Agreed With This Accounting.” “But virtually no serious budget analyst agreed with this accounting. Obama’s $4 trillion figure, for instance, includes counting some $1 trillion in cuts reached a year ago in budget negotiations with Congress. So no matter who is the president, the savings are already in the bank.” (Glenn Kessler, “Factchecking The First Presidential Debate Of 2012,” The Washington Post‘s The Fact Checker, 10/4/12)
THE FACTS: Obama’s $4 Trillion Figure Includes Money From Legislation Enacted With Republicans And From War Savings That Would Occur Anyway. “In promising $4 trillion, Obama is already banking more than $2 billion from legislation enacted along with Republicans last year that cut agency operating budgets and capped them for 10 years. He also claims more than $800 billion in war savings that would occur anyway. And he uses creative bookkeeping to hide spending on Medicare reimbursements to doctors.” (Calvin Woodward, “FACT CHECK: Presidential Debate Missteps,” The Associated Press, 10/3/12)
- “Take Those ‘Cuts’ Away And Obama’s $2.50/$1 Ratio Of Spending Cuts To Tax Increases Shifts Significantly More In The Direction Of Tax Increases.” (Calvin Woodward, “FACT CHECK: Presidential Debate Missteps,” The Associated Press, 10/3/12)
Obama “Twisted The Truth” With The $4 Trillion Figure. “Obama also twisted the truth when he repeated the claim that his proposals would reduce the 10-year deficit by $4 trillion. In fact, the Congressional Budget Office found that Obama’s budget would increase cumulative deficits by well over $2 trillion over that time period.” (Meghan McCarthy, Katy O’Donnell, Amy Harder, and Catherine Hollander, “Fact Checking The Presidential Debate,” National Journal, 10/3/12)
LIE #2: OBAMA CLAIMED HE WOULD RETURN AMERICA TO TAX RATES UNDER CLINTON
THE CLAIM: Obama: “We Should Go Back To The Rates That We Had When Bill Clinton Was President.” OBAMA: “But I have said that for incomes over $250,000 a year, that we should go back to the rates that we had when Bill Clinton was president, when we created 23 million new jobs, went from deficit to surplus, and created a whole lot of millionaires to boot.” (President Barack Obama, Presidential Debate, Denver, CO, 10/3/12)
THE FACTS: “Obama Repeated A Favorite Talking Point” But Americans Will Pay More Under Obama Than Clinton Due To New Taxes In ObamaCare. “Obama repeated a favorite talking point, saying that his tax plan would return rates for the wealthy back to where they were during economically prosperous times under President Bill Clinton. But those making over $250,000 a year would actually pay more than they did under Clinton due to new taxes imposed on upper-income people to pay for the health care law.” (Brooks Jackson, Eugene Kiely, Lori Robertson, Robert Farley, D’Angelo Gore and Ben Finley, “Dubios Denver Debate Declarations,” Factcheck.org, 10/4/12)
LIE #3: OBAMA SAYS ROMNEY’S MEDICARE PLAN WOULD COST SENIORS $6,000 A YEAR
THE CLAIM: Obama: “The Problem Is That Because The Voucher Wouldn’t Necessarily Keep Up With Health Care Inflation, It Was Estimated That This Would Cost The Average Senior About $6,000 A Year.” OBAMA: “The problem is that because the voucher wouldn’t necessarily keep up with health care inflation, it was estimated that this would cost the average senior about $6,000 a year. Now, in fairness, what Governor Romney has now said is he’ll maintain traditional Medicare alongside it .” (President Barack Obama, Presidential Debate, Denver, CO, 10/3/12)
THE FACTS: The Washington Post ‘s The Fact Checker: “He Still Clung To An Outdated Estimate Of An Earlier Version Of The Plan, Claiming It Will Cost Seniors An Extra $6,000 A Year. (He Had Previously Earned Two Pinocchios For This Claim.)” “In the debate, Obama acknowledged that the GOP Medicare plan, authored by Romney running mate Paul Ryan, has been changed. But he still clung to an outdated estimate of an earlier version of the plan, claiming it will cost seniors an extra $6,000 a year. (He had previously earned Two Pinocchios for this claim.)” (Glenn Kessler, “Factchecking The First Presidential Debate Of 2012,” The Washington Post‘s The Fact Checker, 10/4/12)
LIE #4: OBAMA SAYS ROMNEY’S PLAN WOULD RAISE TAXES ON MIDDLE CLASS FAMILIES
THE CLAIM: Obama: Under Romney, “The Average Middle-Class Family With Children Would Pay About $2,000 More.” OBAMA: “And that’s why independent studies looking at this said the only way to meet Governor Romney’s pledge of not reducing the deficit — or — or — or not adding to the deficit, is by burdening middle-class families. The average middle-class family with children would pay about $2,000 more.” (President Barack Obama, Presidential Debate, Denver, CO, 10/3/12)
THE FACTS: “Romney Says His Plan Wouldn’t Raise Taxes On Anyone, And His Campaign Points To Several Studies By Conservative Think Tanks That Dispute The Tax Policy Center’s Findings.” “Romney says his plan wouldn’t raise taxes on anyone, and his campaign points to several studies by conservative think tanks that dispute the Tax Policy Center’s findings. Most of the conservative studies argue that Romney’s tax plan would stimulate economic growth, generating additional tax revenue without shifting any of the tax burden to the middle class.” (Calvin Woodward, “FACT CHECK: Presidential Debate Missteps,”The Associated Press, 10/4/12)
LIE #5: OBAMA SAYS HEALTH CARE PREMIUMS ARE BECOMING MORE AFFORDABLE
THE CLAIM: Obama Said “Health Care Premiums Have Gone Up — It Is True — But They Have Gone Up Slower Than Any Time In The Last 50 Years.” OBAMA: “The fact of the matter is that when Obamacare is fully implemented, we are going to be in a position to show that costs are going down. Over the last two years, health care premiums have gone up — it is true — but they have gone up slower than any time in the last 50 years. We are already seeing progress.” (President Barack Obama, Presidential Debate, Denver, CO, 10/3/12)
THE FACTS: Obama Was Wrong To Say That Care Premiums Have “Gone Up Slower Than Any Time In The Last 50 Years.” “Obama wrongly said that over the last two years, health care premiums have ‘gone up slower than any time in the last 50 years.’” (Brooks Jackson, Eugene Kiely, Lori Robertson, Robert Farley, D’Angelo Gore and Ben Finley, “Dubios Denver Debate Declarations,” Factcheck.org, 10/4/12)
- Obama Incorrectly Suggested That ObamaCare Was Responsible For The Slower Growth In Health Spending. “That’s true of health care spending, not premiums. But even if Obama had worded the claim correctly, he still would have been off in suggesting the Affordable Care Act had caused the slower growth in spending.” (Brooks Jackson, Eugene Kiely, Lori Robertson, Robert Farley, D’Angelo Gore and Ben Finley, “Dubios Denver Debate Declarations,” Factcheck.org, 10/4/12)
THE FACTS: Modern Healthcare Magazine Says “The Drop In Healthcare Cost Growth Is Primarily Attributable To The Great Recession’s Impact On Employment, Private Health Insurance, Government Revenues And Budgets.” “Obama tried to attribute a 50-year decline in health costs to the health-care law, but much of it has not yet been implemented. Most economists say the slowdown is more likely because of the lousy economy. ‘It’s tempting to think that provider initiatives are truly denting costs, but it’s hard for changes in provider behavior to influence costs before they occur,’ said a recent article in Modern Healthcare magazine. ‘Instead, the drop in healthcare cost growth is primarily attributable to the Great Recession’s impact on employment, private health insurance, government revenues and budgets.’” (Glenn Kessler, “Factchecking The First Presidential Debate Of 2012,” The Washington Post‘s The Fact Checker, 10/4/12)
THE FACTS: “For Now, There Is Little Evidence That The Affordable Care Act Has Made Healthcare Any More Affordable For The Vast Majority Of Americans.” “President Obama reiterated a claim that his healthcare law will reduce costs, a promise he made when he started pushing for an overhaul as a candidate four years ago. Then, Obama said he would cut family health insurance premiums by $2,500 by the end of his first term. Today, this stands as one of the president’s biggest unfulfilled promises. In fact, the average employee share of an employer-provided health plan jumped from $3,515 in 2009 to $4,316 in 2012, an increase of more than 22%, according to a survey from the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Health Research & Educational Trust. The total cost of an average employer-provided family health plan – shared by the employer and the employee reached $15,745 in 2012. When the law is fully implemented in 2014, some low- and middle-income Americans will qualify for government subsidies to help them afford health insurance. And other provisions of the law could help slow the growth in healthcare costs over the long-term. But for now, there is little evidence that the Affordable Care Act has made healthcare any more affordable for the vast majority of Americans.”(Noam N. Levey, “Fact Check: ‘Obamacare’ Hasn’t Yet Reduced Health Insurance Costs,” Los Angeles Times’ Politics Now, 10/3/12)
THE FACTS: “Premiums For Job-Based Family Coverage Have Risen By Nearly $2,400 Since 2009 When Obama Took Office, According To The Nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation.” “Premiums for job-based family coverage have risen by nearly $2,400 since 2009 when Obama took office, according to the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation. In 2011, premiums jumped by 9 percent. This year’s 4 percent increase was more manageable, but the price tag for family coverage stands at $15,745, with employees paying more than $4,300 of that.” (Calvin Woodward, “FACT CHECK: Presidential Debate Missteps,” The Associated Press, 10/4/12)
THE FACTS: “When It Comes To Insurance Rebates Under Obama’s Health Care Law, Less Than 10 Percent Of People With Private Health Insurance Are Benefiting.” “When it comes to insurance rebates under Obama’s health care law, less than 10 percent of people with private health insurance are benefiting. More than 160 million Americans under 65 have private insurance through their jobs and by buying their own policies. According to the administration, about 13 million people will benefit from rebates. And nearly two-thirds of that number will only be entitled to a share of it, since they are covered under job-based plans where their employer pays most of the premium and will get most of the rebate.” (Calvin Woodward, “FACT CHECK: Presidential Debate Missteps,” The Associated Press, 10/4/12)
LIE #6: OBAMA SAYS GOV. ROMNEY’S PLAN IS A $5 TRILLION TAX CUT
THE CLAIM: Obama Said “Gov. Romney’s Central Economic Plan Calls For A $5 Trillion Tax Cut.” OBAMA: “Gov. Romney’s central economic plan calls for a $5 trillion tax cut – on top of the extension of the Bush tax cuts, that’s another trillion dollars – and $2 trillion in additional military spending that the military hasn’t asked for. That’s $8 trillion. How we pay for that, reduce the deficit, and make the investments that we need to make, without dumping those costs onto middle-class Americans, I think is one of the central questions of this campaign.” (President Barack Obama, Presidential Debate, Denver, CO, 10/3/12)
THE FACTS: Obama “Is Off Base Here.” “The president said Romney was proposing a $5 trillion tax cut and Romney said he wasn’t. The president is off base here – Romney says his rate cuts and tax eliminations would be offset and the deficit wouldn’t increase.” (Brooks Jackson, Eugene Kiely, Lori Robertson, Robert Farley, D’Angelo Gore and Ben Finley, “Dubios Denver Debate Declarations,” Factcheck.org, 10/4/12)
THE FACTS: “Romney Is Not Proposing A $5 Trillion Reduction In Taxes.” (Brooks Jackson, Eugene Kiely, Lori Robertson, Robert Farley, D’Angelo Gore and Ben Finley, “Dubios Denver Debate Declarations,” Factcheck.org, 10/4/12)
- “ The Obama Campaign Has “Extrapolated” Figures To Come Up With $5 Trillion.“By themselves, those cuts would, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, lower federal tax liability by ‘about $480 billion in calendar year 2015′ compared with current tax policy, with Bush cuts left in place. The Obama campaign has extrapolated that figure out over 10 years, coming up with a $5 trillion figure over a decade.” (Brooks Jackson, Eugene Kiely, Lori Robertson, Robert Farley, D’Angelo Gore and Ben Finley, “Dubios Denver Debate Declarations,” Factcheck.org, 10/4/12)
THE FACTS: “Obama’s Claim That Romney Wants To Cut Taxes By $5 Trillion Doesn’t Add Up.” “Obama’s claim that Romney wants to cut taxes by $5 trillion doesn’t add up. Presumably, Obama was talking about the effect of Romney’s tax plan over 10 years, which is common in Washington. But Obama’s math doesn’t take into account Romney’s entire plan.” (Calvin Woodward, “FACT CHECK: Presidential Debate Missteps,” The Associated Press, 10/3/12)
- Romney’s “Goal Is A Simpler Tax Code That Raises The Same Amount Of Money As The Current System But Does It In A More Efficient Manner.” “Romney proposes to reduce income tax rates by 20 percent and eliminate the estate tax and the alternative minimum tax. The Tax Policy Center, a Washington research group, says that would reduce federal tax revenues by $465 billion in 2015, which would add up to about $5 trillion over 10 years. However, Romney says he wants to pay for the tax cuts by reducing or eliminating tax credits, deductions and exemptions. The goal is a simpler tax code that raises the same amount of money as the current system but does it in a more efficient manner.” (Calvin Woodward, “FACT CHECK: Presidential Debate Missteps,”The Associated Press, 10/3/12)
THE FACTS: ABC’s Jon Karl: Obama’s Claim That Romney Has A $5 Trillion Tax Cut Plan Is “Mostly Fiction.” KARL: “Okay, so, the big thing there, and he came back to it several times, is Governor Romney has a $5 trillion tax cut plan. I rate that mostly fiction.” (ABC’s “Your Voice: 2012Presidential Debates,” 10/3/12)
LIE #7: OBAMA SAYS HIS PLAN IS BALANCED IN THE MANNER OF SIMPSON-BOWLES
THE CLAIM: Obama Claimed His Deficit-Reduction Plan Was “Balanced.” OBAMA:“Now, we all know that we’ve got to do more. And so I’ve put forward a specific $4 trillion deficit-reduction plan. It’s on a website. You can look at all the numbers, what cuts we make and what revenue we raise. And the way we do it is $2.50 for every cut, we ask for a dollar of additional revenue, paid for, as I indicated earlier, by asking those of us who have done very well in this country to contribute a little bit more to reduce the deficit. And Governor Romney earlier mentioned the Bowles-Simpson commission. Well, that’s how the commission — bipartisan commission that talked about how we should move forward suggested we have to do it — in a balanced way with some revenue and some spending cuts. And this is a major difference that Governor Romney and I have. (President Barack Obama, Presidential Debate, Denver, CO, 10/3/12)
THE FACTS: “Obama Made The Deficit-Cutting Plan He’s Offered Sound Comparable To The Plan From The Chairman Of The Simpson-Bowles Debt Cutting Commission. But It’s Not….” “Obama made the deficit-cutting plan he’s offered sound comparable to the plan from the chairmen of the Simpson-Bowles debt cutting commission. But it’s not: his proposal doesn’t save as much money as Simpson-Bowles and doesn’t offer the kinds of detailed entitlement cuts the panel’s leaders did. The president’s $4 trillion plan, including $3 trillion in spending cuts and $1 trillion in tax hikes from allowing the Bush-era tax cuts to expire, is spread over 10 years-a year longer than Simpson-Bowles. It sounds like a minor difference, but cuts and spending balloon in the so-called out years. Also, Obama doesn’t touch Social Security in his plan. And the tax changes and war spending are accounted in ways that make Obama’s plan substantially less aggressive.” (Josh Gerstein and Darren Samuelson, “Fact-Checking The Denver Debate,” Politico, 10/4/12)
- Obama’s Plan “Provided Only About Two-Thirds Of The Savings” Of The Simpson-Bowles Plan. “‘The president’s budget falls well short of the savings claimed by the [Simpson-Bowles] commission,’ according to the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget. The committee, the kind of wonky group Obama loves to cite, said Obama’s plan provided only about two-thirds of the savings Simpson-Bowles proposed over a comparable period with comparable assumptions.” (Josh Gerstein And Darren Samuelson, “Fact-Checking The Denver Debate,” Politico, 10/4/12)
THE FACTS: “Obama Often Claims That His Plan Has The ‘Balanced Approach’ Of The Simpson-Bowles Deficit Commission Proposal, But The Simpson-Bowles Plan Is Actually Quite Different.” “Obama often claims that his plan has the ‘balanced approach’ of the Simpson-Bowles deficit commission proposal, but the Simpson-Bowles plan is actually quite different, calling for tough spending cuts and substantial tax reforms – not the faux proposals contained in the president’s budget.” (Glenn Kessler, “Fact Check: Obama’s Faux Deficit Plan,” The Washington Post’s Fact Checker, 10/3/12)
THE FACTS: “When The Two Plans Are Compared Apples To Apples, Simpson-Bowles Yields About $6.6 Trillion In Deficit Reduction – 50 Percent More Than Obama’s Plan.”“For instance, Simpson-Bowles envisioned $4 trillion in debt reduction over nine years; the president’s plan would spread the cuts over 10 years. A good chunk of the savings from deficit reduction piles up in that last year. When the two plans are compared apples to apples, Simpson-Bowles yields about $6.6 trillion in deficit reduction – 50 percent more than Obama’s plan.” (Glenn Kessler, “Fact Check: Obama’s Faux Deficit Plan,” The Washington Post’s Fact Checker, 10/3/12)
- “Moreover, The Administration Is Also Counting $848 Billion In Phantom Savings From Winding Down The Wars In Iraq And Afghanistan… Independent Budget Analysts Were Not Impressed And Called The Maneuver ‘A Major Budget Gimmick.’” “Moreover, the administration is also counting $848 billion in phantom savings from winding down the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, even though the administration had long made clear those wars would end. In other words, by projecting war spending far in the future, the administration is able to claim credit for saving money it never intended to spend. (Imagine someone borrowing $50,000 a year for college-and then declaring that they have an extra $500,000 to spend over the next decade once they graduate.) Independent budget analysts were not impressed and called the maneuver ‘a major budget gimmick.’” (Glenn Kessler, “Fact Check: Obama’s Faux Deficit Plan,” The Washington Post’s Fact Checker, 10/3/12)
LIE #8: OBAMA SAYS HE MADE ADJUSTMENTS TO SIMPSON-BOWLES FOR HIS OWN PLAN
THE CLAIM: Obama Said He Had Made Adjustments To The Simpson-Bowles Commission Recommendations. JIM LEHRER: “Governor Romney, do you support Simpson-Bowles?” MITT ROMNEY: “I have my own plan it is not as Simpson-Bowles. But in my view the President should have grabbed it. If you have some adjustments, make it, take it to Congress, fight for it.” BARACK OBAMA: “That’s what we’ve done. Made some adjustment to it. Putting it before Congress right now. $4 trillion plan.” (President Barack Obama, Presidential Debate, Denver, CO, 10/3/12)
THE FACTS: MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell: “Just Ask Alan Simpson Or Erskine Bowles Whether President Obama Embraced Them In The Rose Garden.” MSNBC’S ANDREA MITCHELL: “And then President Obama saying that he went with Simpson Bowles. Well we know that he didn’t. You know I flew out on the same plan as Alan Simpson. Alan Simpson is on the debate commission. Just ask Alan Simpson or Erskine Bowles whether President Obama embraced them in the Rose Garden. Instead he walked away and sort of gave them a pat on the back.” (MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” 10/4/12)
THE FACTS: When Simpson-Bowles Failed To Come To The Floor, “The White House Looked The Other Way.” “Obama, answering a challenge from Romney, said that he did take an adjusted version of the Simpson-Bowles deficit-reduction framework to Congress, and that he has proposed $4 trillion in deficit reduction. Not quite. After the Simpson-Bowles commission failed to get the necessary votes needed to introduce its plan–which would reduce deficits by $4 trillion over 10 years through a combination of discretionary spending cuts, broad tax reform and entitlement savings–to the floor in December 2010, the White House looked the other way. (Meghan McCarthy, Katy O’Donnell, Amy Harder, and Catherine Hollander, “Fact Checking The Presidential Debate,” National Journal, 10/3/12)
- “He Did Not Endorse Some Of The Politically Troublesome Recommendations, Such As Trimming Popular Tax Deductions Like The One For Home Mortgage Interest.” (Calvin Woodward, “FACT CHECK: Presidential Debate Missteps,” The Associated Press, 10/3/12)
LIE #9: OBAMA REPEATS THE WAR SAVINGS “FISCAL FICTION”
THE CLAIM: Obama: It’s Important “That We Take Some Of The Money That We’re Saving As We Wind Down Two Wars.” OBAMA: “I think it’s important for us to develop new sources of energy here in America, that we change our tax code to make sure that we’re helping small businesses and companies that are investing here in the United States, that we take some of the money that we’re saving as we wind down two wars to rebuild America and that we reduce our deficit in a balanced way that allows us to make these critical investments.” (President Barack Obama, Presidential Debate, Denver, CO, 10/3/12)
THE FACTS: The Washington Post ‘s The Fact Checker: “This Is Fantasy Money.” “This is fantasy money. The administration is counting $848 billion in phantom savings from winding down the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, even though the administration had long made clear those wars would end. In other words, by projecting war spending far in the future, the administration is able to claim credit for saving money it never intended to spend. And Obama would still be borrowing [sic] the money to ‘rebuild America’ (Imagine someone borrowing $50,000 a year for college-and then declaring that they have an extra $500,000 to spend over the next decade once they graduate.)” (Glenn Kessler, “Factchecking The First Presidential Debate Of 2012,” The Washington Post‘s The Fact Checker, 10/4/12)
- “Now That The Wars Are Winding Down, The Obama Administration Is Happy To Project Costs Far Into The Future, Because It Artificially Inflates The Potential Deficit Reduction. Funny How That Works.” (Glenn Kessler, “Factchecking The First Presidential Debate Of 2012,” The Washington Post‘s The Fact Checker, 10/4/12)
THE FACTS: “ This Oft-Repeated Claim Is Based On A Fiscal Fiction… Stopping Them [The Wars] Doesn’t Create A New Pool Of Available Cash.” “This oft-repeated claim is based on a fiscal fiction. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were paid for mostly with borrowed money, so stopping them doesn’t create a new pool of available cash that can be used for something else, like rebuilding America. It just slows down the government’s borrowing.” (Calvin Woodward, “FACT CHECK: Presidential Debate Missteps,” The Associated Press, 10/4/12)
LIE #10: OBAMA SAYS HE HAS CREATED 5 MILLION PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS
THE CLAIM: Obama: “Over The Last 30 Months, We’ve Seen 5 Million Jobs In The Private Sector Created.” (President Barack Obama, Presidential Debate, Denver, CO, 10/3/12)
THE FACTS: “That Statistic Tries To Obscure The Fact That The Overall Job Record So Far In This Presidential Term Has Been Negative.” “He claimed 5 million jobs have been created in the private sector in the past 30 months; that statistic tries to obscure the fact that the overall job record so far in this presidential term has been negative.” (Glenn Kessler, “Fact Check: Obama’s Jobs Stat,” The Washington Post’s Fact Checker, 10/3/12)
- Five Million Private Sector Jobs Is “Weak By Historical Standards” For Economic Recoveries. “After the economy plummeted in late 2007 and throughout 2009, the United States has gained 4.6 million private-sector jobs since the labor market bottomed in February 2010 – or 5.1 million under preliminary revisions released last week that are not part of the official tally by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Still, that’s weak by historical standards. Under President George W. Bush, the private sector also added 5 million jobs in the 30 months after employment hit bottom following the 2001 downturn, and the pace of private-sector gains in the previous two recoveries was far stronger.” (Paul Davidson, Tim Mullaney, Gregory Korte, and Susan Davis, “Fact Check: A Closer Look At Some Claims,” USA Today, 10/4/12)
LIE #11: OBAMA MAKES FALSE ACCUSATIONS ABOUT GOV. ROMNEY’S ECONOMIC PLAN
THE CLAIM: Obama Attributed The Financial Crisis To Policies That Governor Romney Supports. OBAMA: “The approach that Governor Romney’s talking about is the same sales pitch that was made in 2001 and 2003, and we ended up with the slowest job growth in 50 years, we ended up moving from surplus to deficits, and it all culminated in the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.” (President Barack Obama, Presidential Debate, Denver, CO, 10/3/12)
THE FACTS: The Washington Post ‘s The Fact Checker: “Here, The President Comes Close To Repeating A Line That Just This Week Earned Him Three Pinocchios.” “Here, the president comes close to repeating a line that just this week earned him Three Pinocchios. In a new television ad, Obama said that tax cuts and deregulation led to the crisis. But in the debate he broadened his language, bringing in the impact of the Bush tax cuts on the deficit and not directly linking the policies (‘it all culminated’ versus ‘led to’) to the financial crash.” (Glenn Kessler, “Factchecking The First Presidential Debate Of 2012,” The Washington Post‘s The Fact Checker, 10/4/12)
- “Obama Comes In Either Last, Second-To-Last Or In The Bottom Half Among Presidents Since The Great Depression.” “But as we have previously demonstrated, Obama comes in either last, second-to-last or in the bottom half among presidents since the Great Depression, depending on which way you look at the numbers.” (Glenn Kessler, “Factchecking The First Presidential Debate Of 2012,” The Washington Post‘s The Fact Checker, 10/4/12)
THE CLAIM: Obama: “Governor Romney Has A Perspective That Says If We Cut Taxes, Skewed Towards The Wealthy, And Roll Back Regulations That We’ll Be Better Off.”(President Barack Obama, Presidential Debate, Denver, CO, 10/3/12)
THE FACTS: This Is “A Claim That Earned Him [Obama] Three Pinocchios This Week.”“The President also suggested that Romney would adopt the same policies as the bush administration -cut taxes and roll back regulation-that led to the economic crisis, which is a claim that earned him Three Pinocchios this week.” (Glenn Kessler, “Fact Check: Obama’s Jobs Stat,” The Washington Post’s Fact Checker, 10/3/12)
LIE #12: OBAMA SAYS SOCIAL SECURITY IS “STRUCTURALLY SOUND”
THE CLAIM: Obama Claimed That Social Security Is “Structurally Sound.” OBAMA: “Social Security is structurally sound. It’s going to have to be tweaked the way it was by Ronald Reagan and Speaker — Democratic Speaker Tip O’Neill. But the basic structure is sound.” (President Barack Obama, Presidential Debate, Denver, CO, 10/3/12)
THE FACTS: MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell Said That “But According To The Congressional Budget Office, Social Security Will Run Into Financial Trouble Too.” MSNBC’S ANDREA MITCHELL: “President Obama said that unlike Medicare Social Security does not have to be fixed to remain solvent but according to the Congressional Budget Office, Social Security will run into financial trouble too. By 2030 the amount Social Security pays out will exceed the tax revenue coming in. So in about 20 years the program will not be able to pay for itself through the payroll tax that’s we all pay in. So Brian, the debate will continue on twitter and everywhere else as these facts are checked and counterchecked.” (NBC, 10/3/12)
- Mitchell: “What Does That Mean?…We All Know That’s Not True Looking Into The Future.” MITCHELL: “President Obama said he would tweak Social Security. What does that mean? Saying that Social Security is in good shape, fundamentally sound. We all know that’s not true looking into the future.” (MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” 10/4/12)”
With MANY THANKS To GOP.com. Read More Here:“12 Obama Debate Lies And Counting…”
- Video: Romney fights Obama on $5 trillion tax cut (cbsnews.com)
- VOTE: Who Won the First Presidential Debate? (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Romney rules debate as Obama lacks punch (thehindu.com)
- Video: Romney: “I love Big Bird,” but I’d cut PBS funding (cbsnews.com)
- Combative Romney comes out on top as Obama stumbles in first debate (guardian.co.uk)
- US Presidential election: Romney scores points over subdued Obama in first live debate (scotsman.com)
- Denver debate is a presidential wonkfest, send in the fact checkers (denverpost.com)
- Romney opens debate: ‘Yes, we can help’ (nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com)
- Video: The entire first 2012 presidential debate (cbsnews.com)
- FACT CHECK: Presidential Debate Missteps (abcnews.go.com)