“NEW HAVEN, CT (WFSB) –
A New Haven Superior Court jury has found Joshua Komisarjevsky guilty of all 17 counts in the 2007 Cheshire home invasion.
Komisarjevsky had been on trial for his role in the home invasion that left Jennifer Hawke-Petit, and her daughters, Hayley and Michaela, dead. Dr. William Petit was the sole survivor.
His co-defendant, Steven Hayes, was convicted last year of raping and strangling Hawke-Petit and killing Hayley and Michaela. Hayes was sentenced to death.
Komisarjevsky said that Hayes wanted to kill the family, but prosecutors said it took both men to carry out the crime and that Komisarjevsky was the one who was in control.
- Murder of Jennifer Hawke-Petit and aiding Steven Hayes in causing her death
- Murder of Hayley Petit
- Murder of Michaela Petit
- Capital Felony murder of two or more people (Jennifer Hawke-Petit, Hayley Petit, Michaela Petit)
- Capital Felony murder of person under 16 (Michaela Petit)
- Kidnapping (Dr. William Petit)
- Kidnapping (Jennifer Hawke-Petit)
- Kidnapping (Hayley Petit)
- Kidnapping (Michaela Petit)
- Capital Felony murder of kidnapped person (Jennifer Hawke-Petit)
- Capital Felony murder of kidnapped person (Hayley Petit)
- Capital Felony murder of kidnapped person (Michaela Petit)
- Sexual Assault (Michaela Petit)
- Capital Felony murder during sexual assault (Michaela Petit)
- Burglary, Second Degree
- Arson First Degree
- Assault (Dr. William Petit)”