In the last couple of weeks, the President Barack Hussein Obama White House, like hitting a bald face hornets nest during the daytime when it ought to know better, “declared war” on not only the Roman Catholic bishops in the United States, but also the Roman Catholic Church in the United States of America.
“NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Catholic leaders upped the ante Monday, threatening to challenge the Obama administration over a provision of the new health care law that would require all employers, including religious institutions, to pay for birth control.
As CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer reports, it could affect the presidential elections.
Catholic leaders are furious and determined to harness the voting power of the nation’s 70 million Catholic voters to stop a provision of President Barack Obama’s new heath car reform bill that will force Catholic schools, hospitals and charities to buy birth control pills, abortion-producing drugs and sterilization coverage for their employees.
“Never before, unprecedented in American history, for the federal government to line up against the Roman Catholic Church,” said Catholic League head Bill Donohue.”
With MANY THANKS To CBS 2 New York. Read More Here:“Catholic League Poised To Go To War With Obama Over Mandatory Birth Control Payments”
This UNHOLY WAR against the Roman Catholic Church in the United States of America has been joined by the leadership of the Eastern Orthodox Churches, a number of Protestant Churches leaders, Orthodox Jewish organizations have weighted in as well in protest. Even both American Muslims and GOP/Republican USA Presidential candidate Mitt Romney said he is very much opposed to this ruling by both President Obama and Health and Human Services head Catherine Sibelius.
IMHO, President Obama made a very, very big mistake, in picking a fight with a major faith community in which I am a member of. The Roman Catholic Church in the United States has not only for many years run hospitals which serve the general community, but also places of learning from nursery school to graduate schools, plus also agencies which help those in need. Why go after those institutions which have done the greatest good in America? All this will do is simply lost for the Democrats the Roman Catholic vote, but other Christians vote, and even the general faith communities vote as well. This should be a wake-up call that if the President Obama White House can go after the Roman Catholic Church in the United States, than it will do the same for all other faith-related institutions.
This could even not only work to help in the need for Christian unity, but also help to end divisions among Roman Catholics who are liberal, moderate, as well as conservative.
Also this is simply a violation of the 1st Amendment of the United States Constitution as well and will only in the end backfire against the President Obama White House and the Democrats in general come in the November 2012 President election year.
- Axelrod defends administration birth control rule (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Separation of Church and State, Plain and Simple (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Top Obama adviser defends divisive birth control rule (ctv.ca)
- The Health and Human Services Department’s Attack on Faith-Based Organizations (gratiaetnatura.wordpress.com)
- Did Catholic League President threaten violence in the streets (examiner.com)
- White House defends contraception rules as criticism mounts – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Catholic Leaders Blast White House’s Take On Contraception Debate Negotiations Time Frame (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- It’s been only a matter of time…Birth control and Obamacare (onemorecup.wordpress.com)
- Catholic Church ready to declare war on Obama (promoteliberty.wordpress.com)
- Catholic League Poised To Go To War With Obama Over Mandatory Birth Control Payments (newyork.cbslocal.com)
Video added in on this subject about the Catholic Church in the United States, the Obama White House, and the GOP Presidential race.
“Under the new health care law, the Obama Administration said religious hospitals, colleges and other institutions must provide contraception in insurance plans. And, as Wyatt Andrews reports, that has set off a firestorm among Catholics and in the GOP presidential race.”
With MANY THANKS To Both CBS And YouTube. Watch Video Here:
6 thoughts on “Unholy War: UPDATE”