The United States Geological Survey reports that the quake’s epicenter was 11 miles underground and 115 miles from Acapulco, in the Oaxaca region, where President Obama’s 13-year-old daughter Malia is reportedly staying for spring break. The White House tells CBS Houston that Malia is safe.
“In light of today’s earthquake, we can confirm that Malia Obama is safe and was never in danger,” Kristina Schake, communications director to Michelle Obama, told CBS Houston. ”We would reiterate our request that the media respect the privacy and security of the Obama children and not report on or photograph the girls when they are not with their parents.”
I am surprised that the Obamas would even PERMIT one of their daugthers to go even down to Mexico, considering the ongoing drug cartels violence, PERIOD.
With MANY THANKS To CBS News In Houston. Read More Here:“Strong Earthquake Strikes Near Acapulco”
- Strong earthquake strikes near Acapulco (theglobeandmail.com)
- Mexico hit by strong earthquake near Acapulco – BBC News (bbc.co.uk)
- 7.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Mexico East of Acapulco (mediaite.com)
- Big earthquake hits Mexico, few early damage reports (theprovince.com)
- Mexico Rocked By 7.6 Earthquake (fox2now.com)
- 7.6 quake hits southern Mexico near Acapulco – USA TODAY (content.usatoday.com)
- 7.6 Earthquake Rattles Mexico City (newser.com)
- 7.6 quake hits near Acapulco, Mexico (cbsnews.com)
- 7.6 magnitude earthquake strikes southwestern Mexico (csmonitor.com)
- Pedestrian bridge collapses on a bus in Mexico City after earthquake, mayor says, but no injuries – @CNN (cnn.com)