Having been listening to all kinds of comments in the media, both old and new on the tragic death of Trayvon Martin, the 17-year-old Florida high school student who was shot and killed by George Zimmerman, who is a neighborhood watch captain, and with this tragic incident, the state of Florida‘s “stand your ground self-defense” law was also brought into question.
What is troubling is that this incident is now getting political and very divisive politics at that at a time not only in a USA Presidential election that is bound to become very, very heated but also brings up issues of race as well the old “race card” issues when it was more about the issues of crime and state laws.
What has been going on the last few days, with both the old news media and politicos jumping on this Trayvon Martin shooting death band wagon by using a very tragic incident instead of what should be going through the normal United States of America and state of Florida criminal justice system and not bring in either “politics” or “race card” hustilers who only see an opportunity to play up on divisions. Add to that the old news media facination with creating a media circus, it has gotten on in the Trayvon Martin shooting death case.
At a time when the real focus should be place on rebuilding the American economy as well as the need to rediscover positive American principles and values that have made the United States a GREAT COUNTRY, the LAST THING that this nation NEEDS is MORE DIVISIVE incidents such as what had taken place in Florida.
“The parents of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin met with U.S. Justice Department officials Thursday. They will also rally with civil rights activist Al Sharpton, who says ‘you can’t have a legal precedent where people apologize and walk away.’ (March 22)”
Oh Mr. Sharpton, by getting involved in this tragic incident simply gives credence to what I have been saying this this blog article that the Trayvon Martin case has become a “tragic media circus”.
Timeline Of What Happened:
With MANY THANKS To ABC News. Read More Here:“Trayvon Martin Case: Timeline Of Events”
President Barack Hussein Obama’s take in this case:
With MANY THANKS To Both The Examiner And Charlie Spiering. Read More Here:“Obama: If I Had A son, He would Look Like Trayvon”
President Obama, again it would have been better to let the criminal justice system work itself out in this case and have not inserted yourself into this incident for political gain.
Still another take:
From The Examiner and Kyle Rogers, With MANY THANKS. Read More Here:“Zimmerman Was On The Ground Being Punched When He Shot Trayvon Martin”
At least the above writer makes an effort to go beyond the “offical old news media” news reporting.
- Rev. Al Sharpton Holding Rally In Support Of Trayvon Martin (hiphopwired.com)
- Al Sharpton Leads Thousands In Trayvon Martin Rally (inquisitr.com)
- Trayvon Martin: FBI eyes case of unarmed black teen killed in gated community (theprovince.com)
- ‘Someone Must Be Punished’ (thedailybeast.com)
- Twitter Tidbits and News Updates #TrayvonMartin (lifestyle30.wordpress.com)
- Video: Florida governor appoints prosecutor to examine Trayvon Martin killing (examiner.com)
- Makes Me Wanna Holla . . . Trayvon Martin . . . (feelingwomanish.wordpress.com)
- Obama: ‘When I think of this boy, I think about my own kids’ (dailykos.com)
- The Case Of Treyvon Martin (theroycroftreport.com)
- White House: The president “clearly had some thoughts” about Trayvon Martin “as a parent” (miamiherald.typepad.com)