Of ALL PLACES, the United States of America House of Representatives SHOULD BE THE LAST PLACE that antics like what had taken place this week by United States House of Representatives Bobby Rush of Illinois, (D/IL), by presenting a “performance” by putting on a “hoodie” in order to break House rules simply leaves in too many Americans a very bad taste in their mouths about politicos, I among them.
The Examiner of Washington goes even into detail:
“Rep. Bobby Rush, D-Ill., lost his right to speak on the House floor after he violated rules by putting on a hoodie and sunglasses in honor of Trayvon Martin, the Florida teen shot last month.
“May God bless Trayvon Martin’s soul, his family and — [inaudible]” Rush said as he was removed from the House floor this morning for wearing a hoodie.
Rush was wearing a grey hoodie under his suit jacket. He took off his jacket, pulled the hood over his head and put on sunglasses while saying “racial profiling has to stop, Mr. Speaker. Just because someone wears a hoodie does not make them a hoodlum,” he said.
“The member will suspend,” said a visibly frustrated Rep. Gregg Harper, R-Miss., the speaker pro tempore presiding over the morning session. “The member is no longer recognized. The chair will ask the sergeant-at-arms to enforce the rules on decorum.”
Rush shouted Bible passages over the sound of the gavel as the speaker interrupted him, but he was eventually pulled from the House floor. “The chair will ask the sergeant-at-arms to enforce the rules on decorum,” Harper said.
Rush’s “donning of the hood” violated clause five of House Rule 17 against wearing hats on the House floor.”
I think a little “common sense” is in order here.
With MANY THANKS To Both Joel Gehrke And The Washington Examiner. Read More Here:“Dem Pulled From House Floor For Trayvon Hoodie”
- Congressman Bobby Rush Kicked Off House Floor For Wearing Hoodie (alan.com)
- Rep. Bobby Rush gets escorted from House floor for donning Trayvon-inspired hoodie (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Geraldo Rivera Apologizes For Trayvon Martin “Hoodie” Comment Without Really Apologizing (thecrimsoncrow.com)
- Hoodies become a symbol of injustice (cnn.com)
- Racial profiling – it’s all about the athletic gear (blogdramedy.wordpress.com)
- Colbert: ‘Congress Must Pass Strict Hoodie Control Legislation’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Colbert lampoons Geraldo on hoodies (politico.com)
- Geraldo Rivera Hoodie Theory: Blames Clothing for Trayvon Martin’s Death (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- Geraldo ‘Apologizes’ for Suggesting Trayvon’s Hoodie Killed Him (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Geraldo Offers Half-Assed Apology For Victim Blaming Trayvon Martin Over Hoodie (inquisitr.com)
- Time To Tear Up The Old, Tired, Beat Up “Race Card” (annem040359.wordpress.com)