“CBS News) CBS News legend Mike Wallace, the “60 Minutes” pit-bull reporter whose probing, brazen style made his name synonymous with the tough interview – a style he practically invented for television more than half a century ago – died Saturday night. He was 93 and passed peacefully surrounded by family members at Waveny Care Center in New Canaan, Conn., where he spent the past few years. He also had a home in Manhattan.
“It is with tremendous sadness that we mark the passing of Mike Wallace. His extraordinary contribution as a broadcaster is immeasurable and he has been a force within the television industry throughout its existence. His loss will be felt by all of us at CBS,” said Leslie Moonves, president and CEO, CBS Corporation.
“All of us at CBS News and particularly at ’60 Minutes’ owe so much to Mike. Without him and his iconic style, there probably wouldn’t be a ’60 Minutes.’ There simply hasn’t been another broadcast journalist with that much talent. It almost didn’t matter what stories he was covering, you just wanted to hear what he would ask next. Around CBS he was the same infectious, funny and ferocious person as he was on TV. We loved him and we will miss him very much,” said Jeff Fager, chairman CBS News and executive producer of “60 Minute”
Love him or hate him, Mike Wallace made his work for CBS “60 Minutes” a craft.
With MANY THANKS To CBSNews.com. Read More Here:“Mike Wallace Of “60 Minutes” Dead At The Age Of 93″
- Legendary ’60 Minutes’ Correspondent Mike Wallace Dead At Age 93 (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Mike Wallace Dies at 93 60 Minutes Reporter Dead (binsidetv.net)
- Mike Wallace Dead: ’60 Minutes’ Icon Dies At 93 (lesliebrodie.wordpress.com)
- Mike Wallace, ’60 Minutes’ Host, Dead at 93 (rollingstone.com)
- 60 Minutes Legend Mike Wallace Dead at 93 (eonline.com)
- Mike Wallace, ’60 Minutes’ reporter, dies (hollywood.com)
- CBS News to air tribute to Mike Wallace on April 15 (bazaardaily.com)
- Author Reveals A Softer Side To CBS Newsman Mike Wallace (npr.org)
- Twitter remembers Mike Wallace: 60 Minutes legend dies at 93 (examiner.com)
- Veteran CBS journalist Mike Wallace dead at 93 – network (firstpost.com)