“Washington D.C., Apr 18, 2012 / 01:19 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The Vatican called for reform amid a doctrinal “crisis” within the U.S.’s Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR), appointing Archbishop J. Peter Sartain of Seattle to lead renewal efforts.
The appointment was made as the Vatican Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith revealed the findings of its multi-year doctrinal assessment of the women’s conference, which has more than 1,500 members throughout the country.
The assessment document explained, “it is clear that greater emphasis needs to be placed both on the relationship of the LCWR with the Conference of Bishops, and on the need to provide a sound doctrinal foundation in the faith of the Church.”
With MANY THANKS To Both CNA(Catholic News Agency) And Michelle Bauman. Read More Here:“Vatican Announces Reform Of US Women’s Religious Conference”
- VATICAN NUN CRACKDOWN: Rome Says U.S. Nuns Don’t Adhere to Church Teachings (blippitt.com)
- Vatican blasts American nuns, calls for reforms (religion.blogs.cnn.com)
- Vatican upbraids US nuns for liberal stances (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Vatican Condemnation Stuns Nun Group (myfoxny.com)
- Sister Joan Chittister & Sister Simone Campbell Respond to Vatican Action Against U.S. Nuns (newwaysministryblog.wordpress.com)
- Vatican condemns U.S. nun group for liberal stances (vancouversun.com)
- Vatican Reprimands U.S. Nuns Group (nytimes.com)
- Fr. Pavone to LCWR: Priests for Life will Work ‘Side by Side’ with Women Religious to Proclaim a Pro-Life Message (deaconforlife.blogspot.com)
- Vatican orders crackdown on American nuns (wnd.com)
- Vatican orders crackdown on American nuns (wilmingtonfavs.com)