The British stylist’s scissors spelt the end of the 1950s-era beehive and the bouffant – untouchable hairstyles that owed their existence to lacquer and hair pins – and brought him international fame and fortune.
Sassoon was dubbed a pioneer for coming up with so-called wash and wear looks – liberating many women from weekly salon trips to have their hair done.
But as much as he was a genius in the salon, Sassoon was a whizz in business. He began marketing his name, styles and cutting techniques in a worldwide line of beauty salons, hair-cutting schools and later, related lines of hair products.”
Mr. Sassoon made hair styling an art. Plus he introduced much simpler hair styles since the 1960’s. Also brought an art style to his fashion designs. RIP Vidal Sassoon.
With MANY THANKS To The Telegraph. Read More Here:“Vidal Sassoon Died After Long Battle With Leukemia”
- Hair Stylist Vidal Sassoon Dies at 84 (hollywood.com)
- Vidal Sassoon Dead at 84 (inquisitr.com)
- R.I.P Vidal Sassoon (thatguythatreviewsstuff.wordpress.com)
- Hairstylist Vidal Sassoon dead at 84 (lfpress.com)
- Vidal Sassoon Dead – Fashion Icon Dies at 84 (tmz.com)
- Legendary hairstylist Vidal Sassoon’s 5 top hairstyles (ctv.ca)
- Celebrity hairdresser Vidal Sassoon dies (abc.net.au)
- Vidal Sassoon, Hairstylist and Fashion Icon, Dies at 84 (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Remembering Hairdressing Legend Vidal Sassoon (natashatynanwriter.wordpress.com)
- Vidal Sassoon Dies at 84 (gossipcop.com)