The layoffs continue in this struggling economy.
The announcement was made Thursday morning.
Company officials said they continually assess staffing levels to ensure they are on track with the current business and economic condition.
They said when it’s necessary, staffing adjustments are required to keep cost structures competitive.
As a result, company officials said Pratt & Whitney was reducing its salaried workforce by approximately 300 positions company-wide, effective immediately.
After the announcement was made on Thursday, Gov. Dannel Malloy released a statement and said, “When these announcements are viewed in the context of our overall economy, it’s still clear we are moving in the right direction. The unemployment rate is down 20% from last January, and it’s a full half-point below the national average.”
Pratt & Whitney officials said the decision to lay off employees is necessary to carefully manage the cost structure while continuing to invest in the company’s future.”
With MANY THANKS To Both WFSB Tv And WFSB Staff. Read More Here:“200 Pink Slips Handed Out At Pratt And Whitney”
- Pratt & Whitney boss sees long-term strength (sfgate.com)
- Expect Low-flying Jumbo Jet In Central Connecticut (connecticut.cbslocal.com)
- Pratt & Whitney boss sees long-term strength (seattlepi.com)
- Aviation in 1949: New Airplanes (Douglas Globemaster) (egrejeen.wordpress.com)
- United Technologies To Sell Pratt and Whitney Rocketdyne (spacemart.com)
- Pratt and Whitney Rocketdyne Hot-Fires Launch Abort (space-travel.com)
- Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne Hot-Fires Launch Abort Engine (spacefellowship.com)
- Pratt & Whitney PurePower PW1200G Engine Takes to the Skies: Begins First Flight Test Program (sacbee.com)
- Pratt & Whitney PurePower PW1200G Engine Takes to the Skies: Begins First Flight Test Program (prnewswire.com)
- Pratt & Whitney Boss Sees Long-Term Strength (connecticut.cbslocal.com)