Memorial Day kicks off the summer travel season, and since pump prices never reached $4 or $5 a gallon, as feared, economists says travelers are likely to dine out or shop more once they pull off the road.
About 30.7 million people will drive more than 50 miles for Memorial Day trips, according to auto club AAA. That’s 400,000 more than last year, a jump AAA attributes to improvement in the economy and consumer attitudes. The number of holiday travelers grows to 34.8 million when you include planes, trains and other means of transportation.”
A safe and wonderful Memorial Day weekend to all!
With MANY THANKS To AP. Read More Here:“More Travelers To Hit The Road This Memorial Day”
- Drive Safely This Memorial Day Weekend!! (catastrophicaccidentresourcecenter.com)
- AAA: More drivers on Memorial Day weekend (news4jax.com)
- Memorial Day weekend: Expect high traffic (wjla.com)
- Over 600,000 Wisconsinites to travel over Memorial Day Weekend (fox6now.com)
- Memorial Day Getaway (luckybrand.com)
- A Pinterest Memorial Day (socialnomics.net)
- More drivers expected to hit the road Memorial Day weekend (sacbee.com)
- How To Have a Fantastic Memorial Day Staycation (mynewplace.com)
- Memorial Day Travelers Keep An Eye On Gas Prices (baltimore.cbslocal.com)
- Memorial Day Weekend Travel Expected To Increase (kake.com)