“WASHINGTON — Television cameras will surround the Supreme Court on Thursday morning, as they did Monday, anticipating something that may, again, not happen.
The momentous healthcare decision could be announced Thursday. Or not. All we really know is that it is extremely likely to be handed down by the following Thursday, June 28, when the court is expected to end its current term.
The court works in secrecy as it prepares its opinions, and outsiders might be surprised to learn that some of its work is done at the last-minute. The justices would have voted almost immediately after three days of oral arguments last March on whether President Obama’s healthcare overhaul is constitutional. Although that vote would normally have determined the outcome of the case, there is a lot of back and forth before the majority opinion and the dissents, if any, are finished.”
With MANY THANKS To Both Timothy M. Phelps And Politics Now/LATimes. Read More Here:“Supreme Court May Reveal Healthcare Verdict Thursday”
- How do Wall Street analysts expect the Supreme Court to rule on Obamacare? (medcitynews.com)
- Senators request live TV for healthcare ruling (salon.com)
- Scalia and Ginsburg Drop Hints about Obamacare’s Fate at the Supreme Court (forbes.com)
- Confusion and Uncertainty: Healthcare Investing in 2012 (axialmarket.com)
- Gearing up for SCOTUS Obamacare ruling; 10 analysts to follow on Twitter (twitchy.com)
- Crunch Time For The Supreme Court (outsidethebeltway.com)
- A Obamanation of Healthcare in America, and the Death of your Conscience (constitutionclub.org)
- Obamacare Foes Already Preparing For Next Rounds Of Fight (huffingtonpost.com)
- Report: Obama preparing to revise health law if Supreme Court strikes it down (thehill.com)
- The Irrelevance of the Supreme Court Decision on Obamacare (thehealthcareblog.com)