This week’s shooting at the Family Reasearch Council in Washington D.C. this week, and with both shootings at both the Sikh temple in WI and the movie theater in CO over the course of the past month, America has been witnessing a culture war that, while it has been waged for many, many years, being “cold,” has now for the most part, has gone “hot.”
While those who did the shooting are responsible for these horrible crimes, these shootings have become also a reflection of the dark, dire, and difficult times the United States of America is now in.
The most recent shooting incident in Washington D.C. I am not surprised that it happened, because also with the attacks on my faith community in a special way this year and on freedom of religion in a special way, and with the ideas of beliefs and morals in general, attacks at organizations such as FRC was waiting to happen.
When we have perps who either are acting out of radical political views, pure hatred, or even just simply because of being demonic posession, it not only brings in more darkness, but also brings more destruction to the culture of the USA. And with its destruction, comes much more fracturing of a nation and its citizens.
- Prayers for the Family Research Council: My Comrades in the Culture Wars (patheos.com)
- On Art and Culture War (danielmcinerny.com)
- Chicken Culture Wars: On Proud Bigots, Selective Bible Quotes and the American Dream | Common Dreams (faktensucher.wordpress.com)
- Battlefield: Chick-fil-A continues with the latest round of culture wars (current.com)
- Reclaiming Our Nation: Recognizing the Culture War (whitenewsnow.com)
- The Great Hustle (Cool Hand Gipper): Context of The American Awakening and What the 1% Would Still Have of Us (sillymickelsapocalypticwakeupcall.wordpress.com)
- Dandified Little Pups, The Corporate Feast, and What They’ve Succeeded in Getting Us to Forget: The Puppet Strings – The Media (sillymickelsapocalypticwakeupcall.wordpress.com)
- The Contradictions Of A Culture War (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- On Matthews Park Titans, and culture wars (letters) (al.com)