Today, Thursday, September 11, 2014, we remember thirteen years earlier the horrific attack of the United States of America, in New York City, at the World Trade Center Towers, in Washington D.C., at the Pentagon, and in a field in Pennsylvania. Despite that this very same USA is under threat once again in time to being attacked, still America and Lady Liberty still stand. God Bless America!
“When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.
He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.
He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their Public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.
He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected, whereby the Legislative Powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.
He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.
He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers.
He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.
He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.
He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power.
He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:
For quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:
For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:
For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:
For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:
For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:
For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences:
For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies
For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:
For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.
He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.
He has plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.
He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.
He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.
He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.
In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.
Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our British brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.
We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these united Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States, that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. — And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.
Josiah Bartlett, William Whipple, Matthew Thornton
John Hancock, Samuel Adams, John Adams, Robert Treat Paine, Elbridge Gerry
Stephen Hopkins, William Ellery
Roger Sherman, Samuel Huntington, William Williams, Oliver Wolcott
William Floyd, Philip Livingston, Francis Lewis, Lewis Morris
Richard Stockton, John Witherspoon, Francis Hopkinson, John Hart, Abraham Clark
Robert Morris, Benjamin Rush, Benjamin Franklin, John Morton, George Clymer, James Smith, George Taylor, James Wilson, George Ross
Caesar Rodney, George Read, Thomas McKean
Samuel Chase, William Paca, Thomas Stone, Charles Carroll of Carrollton
George Wythe, Richard Henry Lee, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Harrison, Thomas Nelson, Jr., Francis Lightfoot Lee, Carter Braxton
William Hooper, Joseph Hewes, John Penn
Edward Rutledge, Thomas Heyward, Jr., Thomas Lynch, Jr., Arthur Middleton
Button Gwinnett, Lyman Hall, George Walton”
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!
With MANY THANKS To USHistory.org
People outside of Strand Bookstore in New York City talk about the influence and impact Maya Angelou had. The renowned poet died at 86-years-old. (May 28)
With MANY THANKS To Both AP And YouTube. Watch Video Here:
Maya Angelou, one of America’s most celebrated poets, novelists and civil-rights activists has passed away. Angelou, who served on two Presidential committees and was awarded numerous awards, was 86 years old. (May 28)
With MANY THANKS To Both AP And YouTube. Watch Video Here:
Mayor Allen Joines of Winston-Salem, North Carolina says the city will “celebrate the life” of Dr. Maya Angelou, who died at the age of 86. (May 28)
With MANY THANKS To Both AP And YouTube. Watch Video Here:
Today is Monday, May 26, 2014, Memorial Day.
The United States of America today pays tribute to the men and women who had not only have given their lives today in heroic service to the nation, and by addition, their very dear families as well. Not only those military men and women who died in service, but also those who have come home to deal with the injuries of war in both body and mind.
Though their day is in November, today at the yearly Memorial Day Parade in East Hartford, Connecticut, USA, today while recording a video of the parade on my cell phone, I was using very often two simple words which can be the theme for today: THANK-YOU. Using those two words to both the veterans who have served and to a large group of army national guards who also marched and are at the present time serving. The words thank-you never wears out and is the very best words Americans can offer on this day.
Offer these two words not just to the families of those who gave their all, the war injured, and the veterans, but also to all our first responders, police, fire fighters, and emt’s as well for they both serve and protect their communities 24/7.
Now more than ever, with the recent disgraceful VA medical scandal, it is much more important than ever before that we must say “thank-you” to those who have served our country.
With MANY THANKS To Both Lee Greenwood And YouTube, “God Bless The USA”. Watch The Video Here:
Highlights of this day in history: The Battle of Antietam sets a bloody record during America’s Civil War; Work ends on U.S. Constitution; Israel and Egypt’s leaders sign Camp David Accords; Singer Hank Williams born; ‘MASH‘ premieres. (Sept. 17)
With MANY THANKS To AP. Watch Video Here:
- Today in History, Sept. 17 (rep-am.com)
- “No Better, Braver, Truer Officer Ever Served Our Country” (pspaugy.wordpress.com)
- This Day in History: September 17th (todayifoundout.com)
- Antietam Bridge, September 17th, 1862 (themirrorobscura.com)
- Tales from a bloody battle: “Connecticut Yankees at Antietam” (stripes.com)
- He Walked Home to Georgia (newgrandmas.com)
- Civil War 32nd Virginia infantry bloodied at Antietam (stripes.com)
- Today in history for Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2013 (amarillo.com)
- Today in History: September 17 (journaltimes.com)
- This Day in History (09/17/13) (poetsareangels.com)
Highlights of this day in history: Vietnam War deserters and draft evaders receive conditional amnesty; Palestinian refugees massacred in Lebanon; Mexico pushes for independence; Opera star Maria Callas dies; Blues great B.B. King born. (Sept. 16)
- Today in History: September 16 (journaltimes.com)
- Mexican Independence Day celebrated: Grito de Dolores! (timpanogos.wordpress.com)
- Presty the DJ for Sept. 16 (steveprestegard.com)
- Today in history for Monday, Sept. 16, 2013 (amarillo.com)
- Al Pacino as Onassis (greek-lovers.com)
- Athens: National Opera pays open air tribute to Maria Callas, Sept 15/2013 (keeptalkinggreece.com)
President Barak Hussein Obama really, really stepped into it BIGTIME in regards to Syria. At a time when President Obama is failing as a President, he uses the Syrian civil war as an excuse when the United States of America simply has NO BUSINESS being involved.
Even the Russian Prime Minister Vlammier Putin took advantage of this brouhaha to stick his thumb in President Obama’s eyes. Even wrote a harsh article in the New York Times this week on the whole Syrian mess. The whole world also with the American opposed going into war against Syria. Pope Francis voiced opposition via teachings and a day of prayer and fasting this past Saturday.
While the chemical weapons killings of over 1,000 Syrians MUST BE CONDEMMED in full, there is simply NO REASON to go to war. Americans are simply war exhausted.
President Obama has created a three-ring circus with Syria.
- President Obama – What He’s Said So Far About Syria (partsinthesum.wordpress.com)
- President Obama Address On Syria – Transcript (eurasiareview.com)
- Obama Can Be Indicted As War Criminal If He Strikes Syria (youviewed.com)
- President Obama’s Rambling, Incoherent Address to the Nation on Syria as Narrated by IJReview (ijreview.com)
- Obama: The Nobelist of War made his Speech on Syria (syrianews.cc)
- President Obama’s Speech on Syria Slammed as a ‘Incoherent Mess’ (blackchristiannews.com)
- Obama: Delay Syria vote (columbian.com)
- Could President Obama Be Indicted for War Crimes Over Syria Attack? (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Special TFS Podcast: Syria and President Obama (thefloridasqueeze.com)
- Video: Eye Opener: President Obama holds fire on Syria (cbsnews.com)
……This was the planned “million Muslim march” ?
Hello. How ironic, the group that got a permit to have a million Muslim march turned out to have no more than 2 dozen protesters, and also being subjected to the counter protests of a small Christian protesting group while the 2 million bikers who were NOT given a permit had a much, much greater turn out. Goes to show who shows greater love and support for the United States of America.
With MANY THANKS To Both oliverdrcy And YouTube. Watch Video Here:
- Bikers Denied Permit to counter Muslim March on 9/11 (jericho777.wordpress.com)
- Million Muslim March Attendees Confronted By Christians On National Mall (patdollard.com)
- UPDATE: Only 25 Show Up For Million Muslim March (patdollard.com)
- ‘Muhammad Is A Pedophile!’: Million Muslim March Meets With Counter-Protest (patdollard.com)
- BREAKING: ‘2 Million Bikers’ Arrive In D.C. – ‘Million Muslim March’ A Flop (ijreview.com)
- ‘2 Million Bikers’ roar over Muslims in D.C. (wnd.com)
- Let’s Roll: Motorcyclists Prove Patriotism over Muslim March (townhall.com)
- So How Did the Million Muslim March and Two Million Biker Ride Go? (grumpyelder.com)
- A Million Muslims and Two Million Bikers (americanthinker.com)
- BREAKING: ‘2 Million Bikers’ Arrive In D.C. – ‘Million Muslim March’ A Flop; Cops Outnumber Muslims (mikesright.wordpress.com)
In the United States of America‘s national capital, Washington D.C., a huge ride in by the 2 Million Bikers to honor not only the memory of those who died on September 11, 2001, but also those who have had or are serving in the USA military as either vveterans or active military. THANK-YOU bikers for taking time to ride to Washington D.C. and God Bless. See you next year.
With MANY THANKS To Both It’s Not Wrong To Be Right And YouTube. Watch Video Here:
- Bikers inspire a nation; media asleep at the wheel (bizpacreview.com)
- ‘Million Muslim March’ 2013 and ‘2 Million Bikers’ [VIDEO]: Washington D.C. rally expected on anniversary of September 11 attacks (christiantoday.com)
- Patriot Bikers Prove That We Will Not Be Silenced (absolutefury.wordpress.com)
- Backfire! Washington, D.C. denial of 2-million bikers no-stop drive thru permit on 9-11-13 means all day stop and go ride. (trevorloudon.com)
- HERE THEY COME: Bikers headed to DC despite being denied permit (therightscoop.com)
- ‘2 Million Bikers’ turnout blows away ‘handful’ at ‘Million Muslim’ gathering in DC [pics, video] (twitchy.com)
- 2 Million Bikers Invade D.C. and Remind Us That 9/11 Still Means Something to Real Americans (thelastgreatstand.com)
- kickstand up! ‘2 Million Bikers’ participants head to D.C. for 9/11 [photos] (twitchy.com)
- Backfire! D.C. Denial of 2-Million Bikers No-Stop Drive Thru Permit (tomohalloran.com)
- 2 Million Bikers Invade D.C. and Remind Us That 9/11 Still Means Something to Real Americans (freedomoutpost.com)
Starting today, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, I am beginning my Anne’s Power Surge Blog once again, a new and fresh start. Over the past year of from July 2012 until yesterday has been the worse 14 months in my life. From having had a life threatening illness, losing my long time boyfriend of 21 years David, then my older only brother Ron, having aged out so fast from what happened which included dealing with arthritic knees. Add to that with dealing with an aging mother and an ill older sister, I have carried many crosses.
The most heartbreaking cross I had to carry was to lose the love of my life, my dear beloved David. Having taken his journey home to God very suddenly one year ago yesterday, September 10, 2013. He went home to God way too soon. David was also my beloved soul mate. On what would have been 22 years for David and I together, I went on pilgrimage to the Divine Mercy Shrine in Stockbridge, MA, USA. There I gave to God both David and Ron, putting them both in God’s loving, merciful, hands and sacred heart. On September 6, 2013, between the two anniversaries, I went to Hillside Cemetery to place two long-stem red roses on his grave as a reminder of our eternal relationship. Spent a brief time with David. I realized now David as with Ron, both live forever in my heart. Both September 10 and November 6 are now their new birthdays, birthdays into eternal life. I look forward to the day I will be reunited in the next, eternal life.
Like David and Ron, the people who died on September 11, 2001, be it in the two WTC towers, in the Pentagon, or in the field in PA, died way before their time to die. For this reason, I will forever view both September 10 and 11 of each year as TWO SOMBER DAYS.
NEVER, EVER FORGET.
- A somber remembrance (livinglifemyway2013.wordpress.com)
- 9/11 anniversary to be marked with somber tributes (newsok.com)
- 9/11 anniversary being marked with somber tributes (khou.com)
- 9/11 anniversary to be marked with somber tributes (sfgate.com)
- Somber U.S. ceremonies mark 12th anniversary of September 11 attacks (scooprocket.com)
- 9/11 anniversary marked with somber tributes (troyrecord.com)
- 9/11 Anniversary To Be Marked With Somber Tributes (truelabour.wordpress.com)
- 9/11 anniversary to be marked with somber tributes (onenewspage.us)
- 9/11 anniversary to be marked with somber tributes (councilonblackminnesotans.wordpress.com)
- 9/11 Remembrances Take Somber Tone (kktv.com)