- Maryland Church Offers Ashes To Faithful MARC Commuters (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Ashes-to-ashes: Lent starts today (philly.com)
- lent isn’t about you (eugenecho.com)
- More Resources for Lent 2012 from the Episcopal Church (godspace.wordpress.com)
- The Season of Lent (brakeman1.com)
- Lent Events: Shrove Tuesday & Ash Wednesday (chandlerozconsultants.wordpress.com)
- Lent begins (geneveith.com)
- Catholics flock to churches on Ash Wednesday, marking start of Lent – GMA News (gmanetwork.com)
- Ash Wednesday: Official Catholic Rules for Fasting and Abstinence (cantuar.blogspot.com)
- 10 interesting facts about Lent (magickaydiary.wordpress.com)
- Ohio church: drive thru for Ash Wednesday (mysanantonio.com)
- Ash Wednesday: The Significance And Meaning (sunny1043.radio.com)
- Ohio church offers drive-thru for Ash Wednesday (thegreatone22.wordpress.com)
- Ash Wednesday 2012 (mumbailaity.wordpress.com)
More than 70 Episcopal parishes in 18 states will bring Ash Wednesday to the streets, kicking off the Lenten season with a twist.
They’ll offer the Christian sign of repentance — a smudged cross of ashes on the forehead — to anyone who seeks it in train stations, coffee shops and other public spots.
Dubbed Ashes to Go, it’s a contemporary spin on the Ash Wednesday practice followed chiefly in Episcopal, Anglican, Catholic and Lutheran denominations.”
Wow, even an ancient Christian Lenten faith practice has gone 21st century!
With MANY THANKS To Both USA Today And Cathy Lynn Grossman. Read More Here:“Episcopal Priests Offer “Ashes to Go” As Lent Begins”