Today the Major League Team in baseball, the Boston Red Sox home stadium, Fenway Park turns 100 years old. Fenway Park, considered not only by Red Soxs Nation to be its most beloved home, but in the MLB, it is also as well.
While it does not have the added features that many of the newer MLB stadiums in other parts of the country. But what it does have is what baseball ought to be, a special relationship between the team and with the fans. While there has been a number of face-lifts of Fenway over the years, that character remains.
Also instead of very special features, what is even better is that there is a name that goes with the fans that support the Red Sox, called “Red Sox Nation”. A community of supportive fans is the BEST feature that the Red Sox could have.
While no doubt I am and will always be a University of Connecticut sports fan, and in a special way, in regards to both the women’s and men’s basketball teams and as well as the football team as well, first and foremost, I will be a Boston Red Sox fan, a member of the Red Soxs Nation, and a fan of Fenway Park.
Remembering not only the Major League Baseball World Series Championships of both 2004 and 2007, and also becoming a fan of the Red Sox since that special trip up to Fenway Park in 1975 at the age of 16, sealing the deal in making me a fan.
Today, Fenway Park, Happy 100th Birthday and many more years.
- Caple: 100 and still going strong (espn.go.com)
- Fenway Park: 5 new books about the beloved ballpark (csmonitor.com)
- Fenway Park 100th Anniversary Celebration: Happy Birthday, Fenway (boston.sbnation.com)
- Fenway Park’s most memorable moments (boston.com)
- Play Ball! Fenway Park turns 100 (flickr.net)
- Happy Birthday Fenway Park (chateauandbungalow.wordpress.com)
- Yankees Vs. Red Sox: Fenway Park Birthday Bash Begins Three-Game Series (newyork.sbnation.com)
- Fenway Park Is a Century Old (newser.com)
- Here’s Why Roger Clemens And Curt Schilling Blew Off The Big Fenway Park Celebration Today (businessinsider.com)
- Boston’s Fenway Park Celebrates 100 Years of Baseball Traditions (geardiary.com)
- Red Sox Plan Lavish Ceremony For Fenway Park’s 100th Anniversary (boston.cbslocal.com)
- Valentine: Fenway Park is ‘baseball land of Oz’ (boston.com)
- Fenway Park turns 100. Go Orioles! (csmonitor.com)
- Fenway Park Turns 100 (blogs.jta.org)
- Pedro Martinez And Kevin Millar Delivered A Boozy, Awkward Toast To Fenway Before Today’s Game (deadspin.com)
- How Does A Building Get To It’s Hundredth Birthday? A Look at Fenway Park (treehugger.com)