From time to time I see a bumper sicker going by this design, and using this one word called COEXIST. The reason this is brought up is that, the very ironic thing of what has been going on in Boston this week, with the recent horrible bombing attack towards the end of the 117th Boston Marathon and that it turned out the two suspects are from Chechnya and are Muslim as well. One of the sad things about what has taken place is that, one of the people killed, the little 8-year-old, attended a school which had up to people of up to 83 different backgrounds. Or another one of the victims killed came from of all places, China. Or that the third victim killed managed a restraunt in a city that had persons of all different backgrounds calling it home.
What is needed is not a bumper sicker by that one word, “coexist”, but the need to deal with the fact that each human heart can not only do great acts of evil, but also great acts of kindness. The answer is not doing a bumper with the word coexist, but to come to terms with the reality that we humans can very well do both.
- Ironic – Boston Marathon bombers hijack a car with an interesting bumper sticker (erickbrockway.com)
- J. Matt Barber: Religious freedom & ‘gay marriage’ cannot coexist (johnnyangeladvocacygroup.net)
- American Muslims mourn for Boston Marathon victims (syracuse.com)
- American Muslims condemn Boston Marathon bombings (bostonherald.com)
- Has Clash Of Civilizations Comes To America? (UPDATE) (annem040359.wordpress.com)
- Hate Crimes: Man Assaults Muslim Woman Following Reports of ‘Dark-Skinned’ Boston Bombing Suspects (bossip.com)
- Crowdfunding campaigns raise hundreds of thousands for Boston Marathon victims (banklesstimes.com)
- Muslim Woman Assaulted In Boston (theobamacrat.com)
- FBI releases Boston suspect photo, information number for victims (darientimes.com)
- ‘Please don’t be Muslim': Fears of racial, ethnic profiling in the wake of Boston bombing (thegrio.com)